What About Me?

My photo
I'm a writer. End of story. Actually, the beginning, but close enough. I discovered my talent around the age of 12 though I did not fully put it to the test until my sophmore year of high school. It was an English teacher who recognized my talents and help me push to be better. I took a poetry class in college that opened my eyes up to the world of poetry. I learned many forms, as well as exercised them. August 13, 2007: a day that has changed me forever. You see, I lost my best friend that day; 14 years gone and all I'm left with is memories. With that being said, my writing went MIA for three years, and now, it's SO much different then what it used to be. Take it or leave it; you need my words in your life.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let's color!

Growing up, (and I know this because I work in child care) we teach our kids to color inside the lines.  We don’t care too much about the color because it’s their imagination they’re running with, but we just care about staying in the lines.
But as we get older, we stick to that fundamental coloring in the lines for everything.  So then it’s a rule; a command we’ve grown accustomed to.  Everything we do in life is about staying within those lines; that comfort zone we were taught as kids.

So how do we blossom?  How do we shine?  We have to step out of those lines and show the world what we’ve been given.  Sure, you’re scared, I’m scared, we’re all scared.  If we don’t take any chances where are we gonna end up?  Surely not at the top.

Life.  It’s messy.  It’s colorful. It is ever-changing.  If we don’t color outside the lines, how will we know what’s out there for us?  Give me a box of crayons, some paint, pencils, markers, pens, give me something that will help me make my mark on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment