What About Me?

My photo
I'm a writer. End of story. Actually, the beginning, but close enough. I discovered my talent around the age of 12 though I did not fully put it to the test until my sophmore year of high school. It was an English teacher who recognized my talents and help me push to be better. I took a poetry class in college that opened my eyes up to the world of poetry. I learned many forms, as well as exercised them. August 13, 2007: a day that has changed me forever. You see, I lost my best friend that day; 14 years gone and all I'm left with is memories. With that being said, my writing went MIA for three years, and now, it's SO much different then what it used to be. Take it or leave it; you need my words in your life.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Word

Been doin' a lot of thinkin' yeah, my mind is real crazy, and, lately
I don't feel like myself, a shell, a casing, it's hell
has me pacing halls covered in paste with padded walls
and they might as well restrain me, it's plainly, in writing
it's vague but it's from my mind, comes at any time.
See, you don't believe me when I say I need help, you think I'm fine
I just wanna yell, hell, just gimme a pill
Imma deal with it, take four, shut the door, heal, and deal with it
it might take a couple of minutes, maybe hours, days, weeks, or even years
we all saw what happened, but I made it, I'm still here
I've gained back your eyes, maybe one day I'll have ya ears.
No lie, truth all around
I'm not gonna deny my schizophrenic mind, it's beautiful
full of hope, dope, yeah I quit the coke
nope, maybe not cold turkey, but it's no longer a tease for me
guess I just tamed my addictive personality, crawled into the lap of reality
waking up, shaking it up like Elvis Presley.
Metaphors and similies are becoming a hobby, a specialty
lobby, reform, just don't conform, be yourself
yeah it's hard but don't make it about wealth and be stealth
in your navigation cuz with a mind like mind, no tellin' the destination
ya don't need a high class education to understand my presentation I have a PhD in augmentation
of the mind, make ya think with a rhyme, it may take sometime
but soon, you'll realize that the truth is better than a lie
even though the truth is easier to hide.
I'm worth the ride, the trip, I'm addictive like the drip
sweet or sour, depends on the hour and Imma stop being a coward
gonna get to ya by using my words, word, that's my favorite word
it can mean any word, and I'll continue to use it forever
Word...

No comments:

Post a Comment