What About Me?

My photo
I'm a writer. End of story. Actually, the beginning, but close enough. I discovered my talent around the age of 12 though I did not fully put it to the test until my sophmore year of high school. It was an English teacher who recognized my talents and help me push to be better. I took a poetry class in college that opened my eyes up to the world of poetry. I learned many forms, as well as exercised them. August 13, 2007: a day that has changed me forever. You see, I lost my best friend that day; 14 years gone and all I'm left with is memories. With that being said, my writing went MIA for three years, and now, it's SO much different then what it used to be. Take it or leave it; you need my words in your life.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Life Lesson.. Ok.. It's common sense

So I get out of class tonight, skate to my car in the darkness I totally spaced about.  I park in a parking lot off of Yale; $2.50, but I can stay at the library all I want...

ANYWAYS...

I hop off my board and there is this car next to me; someone had left their car keys on the trunk of their car.  So I figured, put them on the windshield wipers.  I loaded up my car, then thought better of it.  I wrote, "You left your keys on the trunk of your car so I hid them in a place where all our money goes.  Sorry for the obvious riddle, but I don't want anyone to still your car.  Call me and ask for Kristin" and I left my number.
About 9:30 tonight, I get this phone call.  It's this lady thanking me for finding her keys.  Apparently, she was all messed up after a dental surgery today and couldn't believe she lost her keys.  She said I was a "blessing, an angel" and that "good karma is coming" my way.

Do to others what you would want done to you.  It's a life lesson.  One perhaps that has change my outlook on life for the better.  It's a form of eutopia, and if we ALL did it, imagine how easy it would be to achieve....

No comments:

Post a Comment